Monday, November 7, 2011

Laguna Amarga

"Beep-beep-beep' on my mobile at 5am, 4 degrees outside the bunkhouse. Damm! My back ached in the cold and I fumbled around in the dark. Shirt, fleece, jacket, neck warmer, ear warmer, beanie, petzel head torch, camera bag, tripod, 3 day old socks and boots and trousers I guess.

Five of us boarded the Chilean station owners station wagon. He set his fantastic music running/ 'What CD is that?' I asked. He showed me an old cassette tape - Vangelis Portraits. There was a glow in the sky. I had never felt better in years.
So many photographers are uni-directional; ie they look in just one direction. I try to make a habit of looking
NSEW constantly. This second shot is to my right at ninety degrees. With my ear muffs on I still had Vangelis ringing in my ears. No cold, no wind, no pain. That would come later and be settled by 2X Panadol Osteo. I guess you have to suffer a bit for art. I love Patagonia!

No comments:

Post a Comment